WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Widget Worries

AboveAverageJoeAboveAverageJoe subscriber Posts: 4
I`m wondering if anyone knows how a widget could be made profitable. Most of the ones I`ve seen are free to download with little to no attachment fees. I have an Idea for a widget i would like to create but i don`t know how i could make any money from it. Also I`m looking for any web design/development people who would be interested in collaborating on this widget project. AboveAverageJoe2007-9-21 18:0:38

Comments

• johnqhjohnqh subscriber Posts: 4
    Whatever service you are thinking of, build a website. You can use subscription model.
    Create the Widget as a shortcut for paying customers to get the service/info you are selling.
  • JoeJustinJoeJustin subscriber Posts: 1
    There are widgets that are for sale out there.  It depends what you widget does.  I just purhcased a paypal widget that allows you to make a membership site.  It allows you to hide articles, catagories from non-subscribers.  It only cost 25.00 but I am sure they are selling the heck out of it.  Just make sure that if you are selling it, there`s no need to fiddle with code.  It`s easy to install and doesn`t mess with any of the core code.  If you can accomplish this and get enough bloggers talking about how great your new whiz bang widget is, you`ll do good!By the way if you are looking for beta tester send me an email!
  • CreadivCreadiv subscriber Posts: 1
    There is always ad revenue.  If you have a widget that doesn`t want to sell make it freeware.  If it becomes popular enough you will at least be able to generate ad revenue from the site it is on.