WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Heaven Can Wait

blondieblueblondieblue subscriber Posts: 9
edited June 2007 in Marketing
I received this  link via email the other day with a note saying that a former member of SuN produced this video.
After watching it, it brought tears to my eyes. I`m not sure what effect it will have on you. The note also said that the person that produced this video is back in Iraq ... working as a convoy truck driver.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XDhZO0ara4</A>

Comments

• Options
    blondieblueblondieblue subscriber Posts: 9
    No, private contractors who get paid several times what military personnel get paid do NOT make me cry. This is the last I will be saying on this forum about this subject.And why on earth is this in marketing?
    First of all, what better place to post such a video than in "marketing" forum ... since the video "markets" the concept of patriotism, love of country, and the understanding that there are real live folks, folks like you and I sacrificing their lives inside & outside the "wire" to provide services for your military.
    Secondly, it appears that your anger, for whatever reason, is directed at folks that have simply decided to serve their country in a way that is courageous, self-sacrificing, and noble. (Concepts that some from the "Left Coast" and "Peoples Republic of California" may find hard to understand or appreciate.)
  • Options
    MNGrillGuyMNGrillGuy subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    I think starting ones own business is the best way to thank the troops.  The pinnacle of freedom.  Could you tell a soldier you are afraid to quit your day job??