WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Art * Sales * Business

mycreativedivamycreativediva subscriber Posts: 1
edited March 2009 in Selecting a Business
I am excited that I found this site - a lot of people seem eager to help with ideas and it feels like a great community filled with like-minded professionals.
Like many of you, I have been racking my brain about what type of business to start. My desk is cluttered at the moment with online articles I`ve printed out print-out about the "How To`s" of starting a business. My book shelf is about to collapse if I try to fit one more book on there about "Small Business Success" and "The Art of Starting a Small Business". Perhaps I can start a library as my business
In any case,  I realized that what I really needed was a viable business idea. I have extensive experience in B2B Sales and spent the last 3 years talking to commercial artists about their art work and making suggestions about how to market themselves to potential clients. I enjoy this. But where is the `Business Idea` in these skills/passions I have?
I thought about starting a business where I can help freelance artists promote their art work to d agencies and publishers via grassroots promotions. Or to be like a Virtual Assistant. But then I get stuck and wonder if people would actually pay for those types of services - when I don`t really have any contacts set up yet. Any ideas?