WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Need Ideas

MariGMariG subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2007 in Selecting a Business
I"d like to get ideas or suggestions for a web based or online type of business that I can manage from home
any specifics type of products or business you think are ideal for the web?
thanks for your opinions in advance
Ps. I`m a newbie here ...just signed on tonight!

Comments

• Options
    NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Well,It all depends on what you would want to do... Any hobbies? that you may want to turn into a full time job? What about something that you would enjoy doing? That`s always a good start...BTW... It`s nice to have you aboard...
  • Options
    GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Hello MariG
    Welcome to the board!  Yep, Nuevolution is right, you need to do something you enjoy.  What you like to do in your spare time can often point you in the right direction.  Or if a hobby isn`t the answer, what`s something you are interested in learning to do?
  • Options
    micsimonianmicsimonian subscriber Posts: 1
    Well I am owner of a online business, I look at  web to be a wild wild west. We allway get new sheriff in town so come up with new idea my friend you would succeed a  word of advice don’t fall for the SEO Scams hehe
  • Options
    startupbizhubstartupbizhub subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    Online business is not as straight as opening a store next-door, you have to be very specific. Either you turn your hobby to a part-time business or generate your interest to a particular business which you are going to like over the time. Main cause of failure in a business is loosing patience and interest over the time. If you are novice then make a research on profitable business opportunities and never start any firm before you have the adequate knowledge.
  • Options
    MariGMariG subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for all your comments
    I did considered doing manual art crafts in the past, but I realized I have a lot of competition and since I have not done it in years, It will take me a loong time to even create my portfolio.    Each greeting card will take about 30-40 minutes to finish since is done manually.   I tried it one year and did my own christmas cards and it was crazy.....it required a lot of time , now I don`t mind spending the time but again when I started doing more research I realized I wasn`t doing anything "special" ,they were many out there doing the same thing...
    I know I need something unique...what I`m trying to figure out now is if I would be better off selling a product directly or offer a website with services example: online trip booking etc. etc..
  • Options
    hjgauthierhjgauthier subscriber Posts: 19

Thanks for all your comments
    I did considered doing manual art crafts in the past, but I realized I have a lot of competition and since I have not done it in years, It will take me a loong time to even create my portfolio.    Each greeting card will take about 30-40 minutes to finish since is done manually.   I tried it one year and did my own christmas cards and it was crazy.....it required a lot of time , now I don`t mind spending the time but again when I started doing more research I realized I wasn`t doing anything "special" ,they were many out there doing the same thing...
    I know I need something unique...what I`m trying to figure out now is if I would be better off selling a product directly or offer a website with services example: online trip booking etc. etc..

Mari,
    Whichever way you go you will need to stock up on marketing knowledge.  Every business needs leads or traffic.  How are you going to accomplish that?
    If you would like to try a free Generic Educational System you can check it out using the link in my Sig Files.  There you will find free video, audio text and live training calls and web chats, and more.  All this training is available at no charge for all members.
    Hubert
  • Options
    tonyc56tonyc56 subscriber Posts: 0
    Hey Grill Charmer....U can sell me a grill anytime......LOL
  • Options
    dominoesrulesdominoesrules subscriber Posts: 0
    I would recommend you to go for the Hawaiian Lomi Chairs. They provide all tools, knowledge and materials you need to build your own full or part-time business!
  • Options
    EstellaEstella subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    The business is superb and very effective too, now-a-days people are very aware for their health. But once I too decide to jump into that business, as worked out on it the capital was rising like anything. One has to had a lot of capital with him to start such kind of business.trade forex | review broker forex