WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

hip kid clothing online store.. let me know what you think

PossitivePattyPossitivePatty subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2007 in Website Critique
visit www.hipkidclothing.com I`m not generating many sales from the site getting great ranking in the search engines for key words but not successful sales.  Any helpful constructive thoughts you may have would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Hello, I have to say, I know this is a template monster template. The reason I know is that a web company tried to pass a website to us using this template a few years ago, I actually have a huge blown out website with this. Templates are fine, but you have to work on the text and image layout.Also, It says that your site is for sale. Is it a business or a for sale domain? If you want to generate sales, you need not have a for sale sign on it, this will not help to convert visitors into buyers.I would ask that design company where they got that template from and I hope that you didn`t get charged for a custom site.The name is neat.
    stonesledge12/4/2007 4:53 PM
  • Options
    PossitivePattyPossitivePatty subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you for your time. I have removed the For Sale I didn`t think of that.. but I see your point.

Thanks again.

• Options
    topthoughttopthought subscriber Posts: 0
    Ditto on all the things stonesledge mentioned, and a couple things I noticed.You logo in the top corner is not clickable. We have been taught on the web that clicking the logo takes you back to the home page.The home link in the main navigation is on the far right. It just feels weird over there. It should either be on the left, or if you fix the logo click you could remove it.On the home page the main header has about 30 pixels of white space above it, but the page do not.
    Also, this may be something I over react about, but I really do not like sites that jump to 3rd party payment processing sites during the checkout process. When yours went to paypal it resized my browser and I was very confused about what happened. Granted, if you have to do it, paypal is a great choice, but I think it completely interrupts my shopping experience to be hopping around the web to complete the purchase.
    I do like your product idea and think you have a selected a great niche. Get a little traction and you should do well.