WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Tech Limelight - a new breed of info aggregator

mmacleodmmacleod subscriber Posts: 2
edited November 2010 in Website Critique
Hi all, my name is Marc MacLeod and I'm the founder of Tech Limelight (techlimelight.com). I've been working on the site for the past half year while in college, and just released the beta last week.
Tech Limelight is for people who are tired of visiting 20 different websites to stay up to date on the tech topics they're interested in, or to find information on a product. Tech Limelight organizes community contributed information (news stories, production information/opinions, etc) around topic pages called limelights. Tech Limelight focuses on community contribution, opinion, and interaction. Everything on the site is contributed, rated, and moderated by users. I incorporated features from websites like Digg & Reddit, Twitter, Wikipedia, and a bunch of others to create a unique way of organizing and interacting with content.
I'm looking for general feedback on the design and whether you 'get it' after a few minutes browsing the site.
Sound anyone want more information please let me know and I'd be happy to elaborate!