WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Manning the Phones

meechellemeechelle subscriber Posts: 2
edited December 2007 in Business Planning
 Hi, my name is Michelle. I wasn`t sure if I should post here or in Homepreneurs, because my question is a little of both. I have a small web hosting operation of 6 people, and a server farm based out of my home. With the sales contracts lined up and a go-live of 1/1/2008, we`re hitting the ground running. Especially at the beginning, I need a smooth line of communication between my people and the customers. So I`m figuring out how to "man the phones". The ideal situation would be a receptionist, but where would I put this person? I am curious how other web hosts stay in touch with customers...
(edited only for formatting, not content)Joel12/9/2007 5:20 PM

Comments

• SandraPSandraP subscriber Posts: 3
    Meechelle,

Sounds like a Virtual Assistant would be a good solution for you. There are several independent ones here on SUN and I work with a Virtual Staffing Agency. Please feel free to contact me if you would like more information.

Good luck and congratulations!
    ~Sandra
  • ofdublinofdublin subscriber Posts: 0
    Do you even need a receptionist? I just divested from part of a Geek-Squad type startup (the hours were way too much), there was 24 employees mostly working from our homes or from from the road using a virtual phone system. Of all the options I looked into, Gotvmail was the most flexible and responsive. Calls routed by extension to each of us over voice- and email. It worked too well because work would always find me.
  • MrbusinessMrbusiness subscriber Posts: 8
    I agree the Virtual Assistant is a good method.
  • SandraPSandraP subscriber Posts: 3
    I think you want your phones answered by a live person as much as possible. Plus your customers calling in might not know who they need to speak to and a receptionist can help facilitate this. It`s just good customer service and will more than pay for itself!

~Sandra