WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Need suggestions

LaEntrepreneurLaEntrepreneur subscriber Posts: 4
edited January 2007 in Business Planning
Hi everyone,
New here, so hi and hello. Lol. I`m planning a site in my state. Does anyone have tips for building a state site similar to a community site? I`d like to have a great list of resources for this niche area in my state. Such as newsletters, local mentors, helpful software, recommened books, people in the community that outsource to freelancers. Any suggestions would be great. Trying to think of a nice layout to where everything is easy to find and all relevant to each other.LaEntrepreneur2007-1-20 21:13:58

Comments

• Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    do you want a directory site that folks can add there info and communicate? or a site that yo update manually. www.mybizmouth.com</A> and ask them to integrate it for you. or build from scratch if you can. if you get stuck you can email me, i would be willing to help you out.i am building a site for a client a bit similar but for local vendors with a ratings and quote system. it is not that hard.
    Erin
  • Options
    efoozleefoozle subscriber Posts: 2
    Here I go promoting Joomla again. Joomla has a built in newsletter script, forum add-ons, etc. All for free plus a huge community to answer questions. As for the site topic ( state website ) CraigL is right. Most state have something. But they are BORING!!!!! You have to find good content and give them a reason to come back. Play on the big markets and ones which attract attention. Club and Dining reviews, Free real estate posting, community news, etc...