WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Watersports Shop on Lake Texoma

jlowry6jlowry6 subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2012 in Business Planning
Howdy to everyone,
I`m new here and have enjoyed tooling around in the forum and reading a lot of past conversations.  I`ve already learned a lot.  My business idea is a Waterski Shop on Lake Texoma in Pottsboro, TX near Highport Marina (the largest marina on Lake Texoma).  Where is the best place on this site for me to learn the basics of how to begin my startup (i.e. Business Plan, questions to ask the city, looking for real estate, etc.?  What can I expect to receive as far as an SBA Loan goes for something like this?  Obviously sales would be seasonal...but my vision is to spend pretty heavy in internet advertising to try and capture a share of that market as well during the offseason as well as through the summertime.  I`ve contacted the company that produces this years "Boat of the Year" and am in talks with them regarding becoming a dealer of theirs.  This relationship could be huge.  But I think the Watersports business in itself could flourish in a location like I am seeking.
I look forward to all your advice and feedback.  Thanks!
James

Comments