WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

I made a couple changes to my site, tell me what you think

andrew2ecandrew2ec subscriber Posts: 3
edited February 2007 in Website Critique
Hi,
I made a couple changes to my site thanks to some critiques, please tell me what you think.
www.acdigicamdirect.com</A>

Comments

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Hi,
    Your changes make the site easier to read now - a good thing!
    A few points (I uderstand you may not be done with your site):

You should make sure you have a unique page title and description for each web page.
    Once the viewer goes to the checkout page...then clicks on another link (to the catelog or main page) the viewer stays in the secure.dtcbuilder domain rather than your domain.
    While the linsynergy banner may generate some revenue for you, I suggest you either remove it or have it at the bottom of the page.
    The first thing the viewer sees on home page is a camera - not bad, but I suggest making the image smaller so your importnat marketing message (your text) can be seen without scrolling down the page.
    Contact us - it is usually a good idea to have a link to your email address and/or an online form that people can complete (that way they do not have to leave your site to communicate with you.
    "Live help" - I just installed this on www.houseofjerky.net</A> and it is great if you happen to be online and can monitor your site..customers can chat with you, ask a question..good customer service... AND it records a transcript of the chat so you can refer to it later.
    ~Roland
  • Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    I agree with Nikole, try to bring the items up further on the page.Maybe make the large featured picture smaller and to one side and bring the others up.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the pointers.
  • Options
    ok I made some more changes. I think it looks better now. What do you think?
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Getting better!
    Three things -

Your menu rollover doesn`t work properly (viewing with IE7). When I mouseover the menu item it turns completely black.
    It would be better to limit the amount of text content for each item shown on the home page.  Look at other ecommerce sites... most have a small paragraph at most shown with the product image... then the complete description when the viewer clicks on the product.
    Table outlines - yuck...not my favorite.  I would eliminate them.
    ~Roland
  • Options
    CraigL, any suggestions on the kind of content to add to the site?
    vwebworld, I agree with the menu rollover, I`m working on that. Thanks.