WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Affiliate companies

Lynn59Lynn59 subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2007 in Environmental
Hello everyone,

I am new to StartupNation and am forming a green web-based business that will offer advice on going green as well as sell various green/organic products.  So that I do not have to come up with a lot of capital to purchase an inventory, I have begun to explore affiliate opportunities such as those listed with www.shareasale.com.

Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, with affiliate programs?  Do they work?

Thanks,
Lynn

Comments

• Options
    Lynn59Lynn59 subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for your input, Kathleen.  Before I begin selling, I am having my attorney review the Affiliate Agreement.  I am also ordering samples, or actual products, from various affiliates with whom I may want to do business to be sure I like their product before I put it on my website.  Even though I will have a disclaimer on my site, I want to be able to believe in what I am promoting.
    Thanks for the encouraging words.  Have a great Thanksgiving holiday!
    Lynn
  • Options
    teesformeteesforme subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Lynn,
    I own a green business, www.teesforchange.com, and we have partnered with Sharesale to do our affiliate marketing. I think affiliate programs definitely work, both as a merchant and as an affiliate, if you invest the time in your website and make the content relevant.
    I do have to mention, however, that with affiliate programs you are not actually selling anything. You just refer your customers to your affiliate`s site and your customer makes a purchase directly at the affiliate site.
    I hope this helps and let me know if you have any other specific info!
    Andreea