WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Are there any Freight Broker Agents here?

2»

Comments

• Options
    wellmoveitwellmoveit subscriber Posts: 0
    INFINITI FREIGHT
    WE HAVE 53 DRY VANS ALL 48 STATES53 DRY VANS, SWING DOORS, AIR RIDE SUSP.www.infinitifreight.com
  • Options
    bmc_2_ubmc_2_u subscriber Posts: 0
    I have driven OTR for approximatley 8 years, I have experience with Refer's as well. Now I am seriously considering becoming an Agent, to gain the knowledge, and experience I will need to eventually becoma a Broker. I have been conducting some research, and have found 1 site that actually offers job placement for Agents. I knw there are questions I will be asking, but is there anything particular that I need to be aware or, concerned about? Any help or advice is welcome.
    -Thanks
  • Options
    plymouthplymouth subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi every one I am new to the site. I am going to start a brokering co specializing in car, truck, heavy equipment transportation. Does any one have any experience in this area or have any tips.
    Thanks
    Tim
  • Options
    FreightBrokerAgFreightBrokerAg subscriber Posts: 0
    My a freight broker agent... And I know to find customers you most invest time. Now I am trying but it seems never to happen. Could someone please help me. I feel like everyone is just trying to sale a freight broker course. Also with the load boards....there pricing is so unrealistic ! Can some tell me of a good load board? I need help. I love this work but I need clients!
  • Options
    razvanrazvan subscriber Posts: 1
    Do not try to open your own brokerage because you cant call a shipper and tell him your new, have a company behind so you  can advertise all the equipment it has and people, even if you will not use any of, you will use load boards to post the loads you can get, which are really really hard to get, but not impossible, because nothing is impossible. If you live in a good commerce area, try to meet with companies in person to get them as a client, because I found that cold calling is pretty tough. 

AND NOW THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP THAT YOU WILL LOVE ME FOR

I have a trucking company and gave brokering a call but wasnt for me, however I made one contact that even to this day sends me emails that he needs trucks, its a mailing list, so many people get this but you can call him, get setup and on the mailing list and he will send you loads he needs truck for 2-3 times a week, let me know when you first book a load with him Like I said call and ask to get setup as a broker.

PRODUCE CONNECTION SALES,, RIO RICO, AZ.....CONTACT INFO!!!!!
    (O) 520-281-8164 
  • Options
    collierjackie9collierjackie9 subscriber Posts: 0
    would you guys join the group labeled freight broker/agents its under the "make connections"/groups/freight broker/agents listing....maybe we could learn from each other...