WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

A question for those who`ve invested in restaurants before...

QuoVadisQuoVadis subscriber Posts: 2
edited January 2008 in Startup Funding
Why did you do it?
What was the motivation?
When you decided on the person/place to invest in what was it that made you choose them in particular?

To elaborate on what I`m asking... I`ve opened restaurants for others and I`ve salvaged broken restaurants for others but I`ve rarely had contact with the silent partners and smaller investors behind the owner.

I have a very solid background of success for other people, have done some very high profile projects and have excellent credit but have very little by way of liquid assets and don`t have enough equity in my home to fully cover collateral on a loan.

What I need to do then is sell myself and my business plan well enough to cover the additional risk that either individuals or banks will be taking on me. I appreciate any insight as to what the big selling points are from the standpoint of the money people.

QuoVadis1/4/2008 6:40 PM