WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How to Find Stay-at-Home-Moms

2»

Comments

• Options
    smartdoguniversitysmartdoguniversity subscriber Posts: 1
    ModJulie,
    Excellent idea! Opens my eyes to a new way of looking at things. I will begin to survey local elem schools for the businesses nearby! Wouldn`t have thought of that...That shows my disadvantage of not having kids -- wouldn`t have entered my mind to think about where mom`s go after they drop the little ones off to school!
    Yes, I had thought about retired folks, too, just haven`t had time to investigate that population further. I think they, too, could benefit from the services I offer, particularly the min-group in home sessions. It`s like social hour + dogs + fun. And it`s less expensive than private one-on-one sessions.
    Thanks for the ideas!Laurie
  • Options
    CollegeCoachCollegeCoach subscriber Posts: 8
    If you have any Gymboree Play or My Little Gyms in your area they are crawling with stay-at-home moms that often have money to spend! At the Gymboree I take my kids they allow small businesses to post flyers.

• Options
    smartdoguniversitysmartdoguniversity subscriber Posts: 1
    I`ve already got enough interest in daytime only training to start now. I don`t think I`ll have a hard time getting compliance from family as I pre-qualify my clients. If they aren`t willing to work together with the family and with me, I won`t take them as clients.
    I`ve targeted the folks I want to work with -- those whose dogs are part of the family. Not just pets. The people who I work with are committed to their dogs and therefore compliance becomes a non-issue.
    Maybe our demographics are different -- the DC Metro area has several daytime only trainers -- some of whom don`t even do group classes, but private, in-home training only. And all of those trainers work daytime hours only.  I think this market will support it, and my research has also indicated that as well.
    The feedback I`m getting from folks is that daytime is the ONLY time they have to train. There are kids activities in the evening, too much homework, and other things going on. They prefer a calmer environment in which to teach their dog. And then, in turn, teach the familly.
    Thanks for you input, though, I appreciate it. And it would definitely be relevant if I were working with everyday dog-owners, not those who have demonstrated committment to the well-being of their dog.
    Lauriesmartdoguniversity2007-2-1 10:57:45
  • Options
    bhealthy2bhealthy2 subscriber Posts: 0
    I really like this idea!  I am a mother of two.  Here are my suggestions:
    1.  Post a flyer at the local library. Usually a board is provided.  I take my kids for story hours and have checked the board to find several services such as babysitting etc.
    2.  Get a listing of local liscensed daycares and pre-schools and contact them.
    3.  Look in your local newspaper for Mom`s groups 
    4.   Pediatricians offices.
    5.  Finally contact people who have dogs for sale in the paper and see if you can give them brochures to hand out with sale of the puppy.  You will probably have to offer them something in return.  I don`t what that could be.  Sorry!
    BEST OF LUCK!!
  • Options
    TropikaTropika subscriber Posts: 1
     Hi
    I`m a newcomer in this field can u sand me more about how can i react when people are laughing at me with my business.How can i market myself so that people can understand that i want to make my dream come true?
    Thank u
    Tropika