WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How do I sell advertising to local resturants?

ProdigyProdigy subscriber Posts: 19
edited June 2007 in Sales
I want to sell advertising to local places like pizza and chinese restuarants. How do I go about selling advertising to them? Do I send them a letter, go in person, show samples, i don`t know?

Comments

• DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Prodigy:
    Even though I answered this question privately, via the PM you sent me. I`ve decided to answer it again pubicly, for the benefit of the forum.
    To bring everyone up to speed, Prodigy sent me a PM stating he wants to sell refrigerator magnets to local restaurants. This is what I told him:
    Assuming you have all of your ducks in a row, including suppliers, you should take samples of your magnets and place them on some sort of portable display board or portfolio and start knocking on doors.
    I sold refrigerator magnets twenty years ago, and this is the method I used. It works like a charm.  I sold a ton of magnets.
    By the way, it also helps to be a competent salesperson.
    In addition, unless you live in a fairly large city, you`ll run out of restaurants to sell to. Why limit your opportunities? Nearly every type of business is a potential customer.
    Dale KingDKing2007-6-22 17:58:32