WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Financial Services Company Ideas Needed!

GratiotGratiot subscriber Posts: 1
edited February 2008 in Business Planning
I would love to start some sort of a financial services company but am at a shortage of ideas that aren`t already embodied in well-established companies that have already saturated their respective markets.

However, one thought that has been in the back of my mind is consulting companies with the purpose of keeping jobs in the United States instead of having them shipped off to Asia or Mexico and bringing back jobs that already have been.  There are already consulting companies that proudly help American entities ship out our jobs; why aren`t there consultants that do the opposite and do our people some good?

Any thoughts/comments/suggestions?  I appreciate anything you have to say!

Comments

• Options
    GratiotGratiot subscriber Posts: 1
    Craig,
    Thank you for your reply.  As far as your question on my background, I am a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, and currently am an internal auditor with a $20B+ company.  I also have experience in public accounting/external auditing.  So, my work has always been in finance, and I have always had interests in helping others with their finances, budgeting, etc.  I feel passionate about fixing and revitalizing my city and state, and seeing so many families lose their incomes due to outsourcing really has gotten to me.
    When one starts talking about helping families to budget and get out of debt, the market is already awash in "debt consolidation" companies, of which a good number are shady at best, but they have the advertising bucks and "non-profit" status (completely a farce in their cases) that allows them to get a lot of government-sponsored work.