WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Website to be renovated- would appreciate input.

scheerscheer subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2007 in Website Critique
I am renovating my site. I have on average about 10-20 repeat hits & 5-10 new hits a day according to Traffic Facts. But have had few sales in the last 6 months. My product is currently focused on the construction trades. I am adding a new version of my product that will trump the older tool. It will be introduced with this renovation of the site. My product allows a worker to make one climb up a ladder or scaffold and then pull up multiple loads by himself. After the work is done they reverse the process, lower everything down & then come down.`One Trip Up, One Trip Down`.The `Home Page`- I think it is too cluttered. It should have the idea of the product readily apparent with 3-4 catch points. `Save Time` Save Money` etc..Quik Cart-Does it bother anyone that the page is so much different than the 4 web pages? Restricted by hosts available colors, templates.I am also in the process of making up an investors portfolio. Are there any ethical issues with posting an investor notice on the site?http://www.tradeworxproducts.com/
scheer2007-7-5 12:46:38

Comments

• Options
    patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    Interesting.  Is any of your intellectual property [name, product patent] protected yet? 
  • Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    That is so cool - I want one.  Any discounts for VBA members?I was going to suggest more videos, and I know just the videographer for the job, but I just moved from San Jose to Massachusetts.  Rats.I can think of a lot of uses besides construction.  It`s not unusual for me to be hanging lights on a stage and need to lift another instrument and no one around to help.On your site, though... Why isn`t there a photo of the product on the home page? 
  • Options
    newwardnewward subscriber Posts: 0
    Very cool gizmo!!!
    2 thoughts on the front page - th text in the gray background should be actual text as opposed to part of the graphic.  It will diplay better.
    The large graphic on the left seems "squished" like it has been resized to fit into the space you have there.  I would make that crisper - since it is the first thing a visitor sees.
    Question:  Why does it take 2 clicks to purchase the product.  When a visitor clicks Purchase they should be taken directly to a page that asks - how many or buy it now - nothing in between.