WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Navagation, content, and graphics critique

onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16
edited February 2007 in Website Critique

Ok here goes...We are developing an online marketplace that will allow companies looking to achieve ISO certification get multiple quotes from multiple providers of ISO registration service very similar to lendingtree.com. for those not familiar with ISO in brief  it is a quality standard used by manufacturing companies that is usually required by their customers to ensure things are produced properly and consistently. This is just the static portion of the site the actual software is still in development. our url  www.auditauctions.com but it is on a test server at...

Since we are a web based market place our site is a focal part of our business. We want to make the site easy to navigate and simple to use. We are working with a very responsive off shore development company. We know the site has some errors and duplications but any feedback is helpful and appreciated and no offense will be taken. Thanks to all who decide to offer assistance. John

onlineeater2007-3-9 17:24:24

Comments

• Options
    Eli,thanks for the feedback. You are correct people that hit the site should be familiar with ISO. I will look at the pictures and modify to have some consistency in the shapes on the site. We should add some brief text to explain what iso is on the front page but I do not want to have too much because most people that see this will already know what it is. Thanks again,John
  • Options
  • Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    State what it is you do with a brief description for folks unsure of what you are offering. Also a call to action would be great too!
    Erin
  • Options
    Craig,You hit the nail right on the head. Specific users, already familiar with ISO will be directed to the site. Thanks for the suggestions. I will incorporate your suggestions into the next round of changes.
  • Options
    Guys,The site has been updated and some of your suggestions have been put in place. It is also available on www.auditauctions.com now. Our developer has not made changes to our front page text yet (which was totally changes thanks to suggestions here at SuN) which is my hot button right now but the site is taking shape. Thanks,John
  • Options
    Craig,We had the text submitted but it took our developers overnight to get the page updated. Let me know if you feel this answers your questions. Thanks for all your feedback. John
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    In other words (Craig says...)
    Writing for the web is different than writing a pamphlet or other print marketing material.  Web viewers "scan" a page they do not read it. To give them some thing to scan--find a topic they are seeking quickly you need to write from the conclusion/solution...back.  What is the most important marketing message (or two) you want to communicate? Start with a paragraph heading that summarizes that in a few words, then have a little more detail under itm and finally a link to the complete detail.
    ~Roland
  • Options
    Craig,I think you are looking at the old link which was not updated. Many of the changes you are suggesting have been made at www.auditauctions.comIf you can take another look and see if the changes are similar to what you had in mind I would appreciate it. I made some minor grammar modifications and changes to make things more consistent  (proper spacing and underlining) that will be uploaded overnight. We are also in development of a prototype that hopefully we can use that to demo how the system works. Not sure how that will come together but I think if I wait until things are too perfect I will never get started. Roland I could not agree more and I had actually done just that prior to reading your feedback. I put the link at the end of the first paragraph to the how it works paragraph on the about us area. I know it is not perfect but will half to do. Those changes should be uploaded overnight and ready by the AM. We are getting ready for a trade show this weekend and I need to keep the development staff focused on completing the prototype until after the show. Then hopefully we can install a more elaborate demo. Thanks guys for your feedback. John
    onlineeater2007-2-21 22:6:35
  • Options
    I am searching for a copywriter now. If you know of any please ask them to contact me. 
  • Options
    I looked at eLance and did not see anyone with SEO copy writing. I am looking for someone who is a good wrtier as well as someone who understands SEO strategies. 
  • Options
    Just an update. I found a copywriter. Even though we just put up the first run of the text she developed it is a world better than what we had. Paying a pro was worth its weight in gold. Anyway if anyone wants to look at www.auditauctions.comfeel free to check it out and comment on the improvements.
  • Options
    Woah! If there`s a better example of how professional writing impacts a
    Web site, I can`t think of one! Excellent choice, there, and I`d be
    pleased to hear if your customer traffic begins to improve.
    I will let Victoria know she did a good job. Still more graphic changes made and more to be added by Monday. John