WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Starting right.

DiVolvoDiVolvo subscriber Posts: 2
edited December 2006 in Startup Funding
"Everything that ever was was once and for a while a dream"  Another rookie coming to boot camp. I know what I know but  I am also capable of learning almost anything, just keep hitting me with the 2x4 long enough and eventually the concepts will stick. Creating and sustaining any idea requires two things marketing and getting the numbers right. Without any resources or experience how does one get the right information and coaching to make that business dream come true? 

Comments

• Options
    onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16
    I will echo what others have said and also tell you to read Start Ip Nation. It is a very well written and will provide some additional insight. Some other great books are eMyth by Michael Gerber and Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. Good Luck,John
    onlineeater2006-12-17 17:53:17
  • Options
    epetersepeters subscriber Posts: 1
    I recomend Rich Dad Poor Dad as well. My sig has a great place to learn. Helps me anyways. Raisecapital01 has some very good points that I agree with. Another question you may want to ask yourself is-how much time can you spare to work on your new business?If what you choose has a high start up cost and you can`t put enough time into it to make it work you`ll be out a lot of money(obviously). What will you use as your funded proposal? When I started my first business I was all excited and didn`t think it through. I was a construction worker at the time. I had a high start up cost and no time to make it work.All the money I spent to build it went down the drain because I didn`t have the time to maintain it. I didn`t expect to have to put so much effort into it, and boy was I surprised!