WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Help getting subscribers for newsletter

JobsandeJobsande subscriber Posts: 4
edited September 2008 in Marketing
Hi everyone,

I`m Jordan -- I`m starting a free newsletter about making money creatively.  It will start off w/a short, fun story from college (I am a senior at Indiana U), then there will be something written about a creative way to make money from my personal experience.  Finally, it will end with an exclusive product offer. 

Anyway, my question is, how do I get loyal subscribers in large quantities?  And I don`t want to just buy a list.  Oh, and if you are interested in joining, send an email to the address below and it will send you an email back.  click on the link to confirm.  Thanks.

[email protected]

Comments

• NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Acquiring loyal newsletter customers is hard to accomplish if you haven`t established your business identity, or credibility. What you need to do before you start firing off and cluttering people`s email with information is 1. Establish your business identity and credibility. 2. Hand out potential customer`s  your business card, make them aware that you exist. The least you want to do is invade people`s privacy (SPAM). You know what I do with unsolicited email? I add it to my black list, and block all their incoming email since I didn`t request it.
    On the other hand, if it`s a company that I want to know more about, then I take the time to open it and see what it`s about. Nuevolution12/30/2007 11:34 PM
  • JobsandeJobsande subscriber Posts: 4
    Hey thanks for the advice everyone...
    to be honest I posted on this 8 months ago and then completely forgot about
    this forum.  Now I just stumbled upon it again and was pleasantly
    surprised at all the responses I got!
    Here is an update on my business in case you are curious:
    Unfortunately, I didn`t have time to start my online business like I planned to
    at school.  I basically put it off until a few weeks ago.  Now I live
    in Switzerland,
    teaching English.  The last few weeks I`ve been working  on the
    computer 6 hrs/a day (on top of my teaching job).  I have a website now, a
    growing list, a newsletter, and a blog.  It`s all still very new, (blog
    just started yesterday) but I`m sticking with it this time.  I`m selling
    an eBay guide I wrote and it`s only been out a couple weeks but selling quite
    well so far.
    A slight change -- my target market includes college students but isn`t
    explicitly targeting them (unfortunately college kids are cheap and don`t like
    paying for things)