WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Incubator kitchen

JoanJoan subscriber Posts: 2
edited August 2006 in Business Planning
I am new to Startupnation. I would like to start a cookie/catering business. I discovered there were few if any commercial kitchens to rent. (churches only). I started looking online for the need of commercial kitchens. I discovered "incubator kitchens" located across the nation. These are commercial kitchens available for rent to those wanting to start a food business without the high cost of building their own kitchen. So, my idea: build an incubator kitchen to rent out and to start my own cookie/catering business.  How would one do a market research for such a kitchen. Is there a way to find interest without giving away the idea? Thanks Joan2006-8-28 1:43:19

Comments

• Options
    NicoleCNicoleC subscriber Posts: 18
    Welcome to SuN!  Have you checked with your local municipality`s economic development office & down town development office to see if they are aware of existing incubator kitchens?  Also what about your local small business administration office and local Chamber of Commerce? 
    I wonder if any of the food service regulating bodies, i.e. health departments, maintain data which could help you in your market research on incubator kitchens.

• Options
    JoanJoan subscriber Posts: 2
    Thank you for the welcome RealtorNicole.  I have checked with the county and city offices, there is nothing available.  Although I have talked to the health department about requirements I have not inquired about their data onhand. Thanks for the input. Joan