WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Co-op Marketing with like minded businesses

jimbuckjimbuck subscriber Posts: 2
edited October 2006 in Marketing
In my developing business, I see a great deal of opportunity in developing co-op marketing with businesses that share my targeted customer.  Similar to shared internet links, this is more about local businesses helping to drive traffic for one another.
In an example, I am hoping to convince local auto dealerships to provide a "halo" or a tricked out example of one of their cars (with their dealer name prominately placed) to add ambiance to my indoor kart racing center.  In turn, I am eager to provide promotional laps to those customers that come in for a test drive for that dealer.  We both get something out of this (me: traffic, them: test drives), but I am really struggling with how to quantify the deal.  Maybe it is a straight trade, maybe not?  Any ideas?
Also, I`d like to enhance my revenue with advertising in my center.  It`ll be a very focused target market of action "x" games types, so I am sure it`ll be attractive to some businesses.  But what to charge for this is a mystery.  Any thoughts or benchmarks that you know I can work with?