WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Personal & Corporate Concierge website

jimnewman75jimnewman75 subscriber Posts: 8
edited July 2007 in Website Critique
Concierge of Charlotte, LLCwww.ConciergeofCharlotte.com</A>

Comments

• Options
    patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
  • Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    This is a very well done web site - I would hire you, but I am in Massachusetts.Only two things to comment on.  Your page title is mostly static.  Make each page title more descriptive - it helps the search engine rankings.  Also, there`s a gold arrow over the "home" button  - is it supposed to follow as a pointer to tell me which page I am currently on?
  • Options
    Thank you for the feedback!  Steve: That`s a common observation (one that we`ve been trying to work on) -- our header menu is static so the arrow doesn`t follow it which can be confusing when you navigate through the pages.  I tried working on it yesterday, but haven`t figured it out yet.  Would be great if the menu was more Flash than static ... but that will be down the road ... Want to hire us? 
  • Options
    Thank you for the feedback!  Steve: That`s a common observation (one that we`ve been trying to work on) -- our header menu is static so the arrow doesn`t follow it which can be confusing when you navigate through the pages.  I tried working on it yesterday, but haven`t figured it out yet.  Would be great if the menu was more Flash than static ... but that will be down the road ... Want to hire us?  Then, change the header.If you were local, I probably would hire you from time to time.
  • Options
    newwardnewward subscriber Posts: 0
    Can you divide up the menu and create an image rollover so that when the mouse passes over each selection the arrow points to it - and can be set up so that the arrow stays on the menu item that corellates to the page. 
    The only other thing I spotted (and you may have done this on purpose) is the text on some of the pages (ie: Contact Form on the Contact page) has a white background and is a graphic.  If this was done to make that text stand out - you can punch it a little more - right now it "appears" as if it was a mistake... maybe that`s not the correct word, but I think you may know what I mean.
    Thank you for the feedback!  Steve: That`s a common observation (one that we`ve been trying to work on) -- our header menu is static so the arrow doesn`t follow it which can be confusing when you navigate through the pages.  I tried working on it yesterday, but haven`t figured it out yet.  Would be great if the menu was more Flash than static ... but that will be down the road ... Want to hire us? 
  • Options

The only other thing I spotted (and you may have done this on purpose) is the text on some of the pages (ie: Contact Form on the Contact page) has a white background and is a graphic.  If this was done to make that text stand out - you can punch it a little more - right now it "appears" as if it was a mistake... maybe that`s not the correct word, but I think you may know what I mean.
    Yes, we see what you mean -- on my monitor, it looks like the background blends in with the "image" header ... but when I was working on a different computer, the disparity in colors was quite clear (off-white background versus white "image" background).  You`re right -- that was a mistake -- and something I`ve been trying to fix it in Photoshop, which hasn`t been cooperating with me.  So I`ve left it as-is for now ... thinking of just replacing it with text ...
  • Options
    I think images for your navigational header are better than flash.It might be pretty easy to do in Photoshop ... the arrow thing. I don`t think it needs to be a rollover, just move when you`re in a new section.And you`re welcome. Glad it`s working now! Good old Photoshop ... I`ve been trying to get the arrow to work on the other menu choices, but the text always looks a bit different from the others.  But if I could get the arrow to work, then that would be great.  Still banging away at it!So far -- three things on my to do list -- thanks for the great feedback everyone!!  We truly appreciate the comments!!
  • Options
    aaronserrandsaaronserrands subscriber Posts: 6
    I think that the site is to busy. Clients we are trying to get are busy people and want the information fast. You have so much going on it`s hard to find the important information on each page.
    The overall look of the site is great!
    aaronserrands

• Options
    Aaron -- can you tell me which content you believe should be shaved off?  It`s great to get some else`s perspective since it`s easy for us to be married to our ideas, etc ... Thanks!!JimPS: Where do you operate?  Do you have a website that we can check out?
  • Options
    I have to disagree somewhat about the site too busy.  It is, but it is well organized.  I would explain the preferred vendors and move the vendor invitation below the list of vendors, not under the news column.
  • Options
    Good point Steve -- I`ll have to get this done!! 
  • Options
    aweawe subscriber Posts: 0
    hi jim.you have a great looking website i have only a little suggestion since the site looks so great:maybe you should enhance navigational graphics on the top. it looks pixelated;on service page, you could bring up titles to your services, maybe put some graphics in replacement to the textlink to get your services more organized;what is the difference between services and solution? aren`t service = solution? get a little confused here;on solution page, i think the space you gave for solution showcase should have a bigger portion than microsoft`s time valuator;maybe you need to use bigger font sizes on information that is more important or that you need to highlight; almost all the text are of the same size, and that perhaps the one problem that people get confused and disoriented on your site;finally, i think you should put all those testimonials in a single page.that`s it!
  • Options
    awe -- good point on the size of the font and using something other than textual links to bring the services to the foreground of the page.  But for the time being, I prefer the text links for the sake of spiders.Yes, we need to add more to the solutions page to justify the services (more than the time valuator, but the good thing with that tool is that it quantifies the decision to either use or pass on our services).The menu buttons on top don`t appear to be pixelated to me ... then again, I need to get my eyes checked!! haha  And I`m dead serious about that!!