WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Improvement on Japanese beauty/bath product

jessipakjessipak subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2012 in Developing Your Invention
Hi all,This is my first time posting to this forum so please forgive me if I'm going about it the wrong way!I have a few ideas on how to improve and market a Japanese beauty product to appeal to consumers in the U.S. but am not sure what the next steps I should take would be. The product is basically a type of bath towel and already has a U.S. patent. Does anyone have experience working with or proposing business ideas to Japanese (or Asian) manufacturers? I'm not sure where to begin! This may be a very, very dumb question but I was wondering if it was feasible to purchase their patented material (nylon/polyester blend) wholesale and then incorporate the design features here myself and sell. Do I need to partner with them or is that "stealing" their product? I basically want to use their patented towel material to create a line of bath products.Since it already has a U.S. patent, would I need to file another one to protect the improved product? (I would just like to make a few, minor design changes and change the packaging).Thanks in advance for any feedback or advice you can provide--it'll be greatly appreciated!

Comments