WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Researching an international company?

jessieb578jessieb578 subscriber Posts: 6
edited May 2008 in Grab Bag
   I`m in talks with a manufacturer in China. They`re a big company and things seem to be going great, they have a product I need, working with me on expiditing a business plan, etc. I`m just wondering if there is a way to research the company like we would with the Better Business Bureau here?? Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    CarlsonCarlson subscriber Posts: 2
    As a private investigator I get a lot of requests for business due diligence. More and more people are doing business with Chinese companies and it is very difficult to check them out. Unless you have a large budget for an investigation I suggest you try Google-ing the company name with complaints or reviews (chinacompany+complaints). It wouldn`t hurt to ask the company for references. There are MANY companies over there offering similar products, take some time to look around and find one you are comfortable with. Then again, no risk, no reward, right? If you are interested in a thorough search send me an email at brett@detectivesnotebook.com.
    Good Luck!Brett Carlson