WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How Many Social Networking Sites Do You Belong To?

womenschamberwomenschamber subscriber Posts: 3
Do you belong to three or more social networking sites?  Do you find it difficult or easy to interact on all of the sites?  I am a member of 6 different social networking sites.  The only time I can find to network is late at night.  I`m working on a strategy to effectively network on all of them at least twice a week.Jerrilynn B. Thomas, CEOInternational Virtual Women`s Chamber of CommerceFacilitator of partnerships between busy business and professional womenhttp://www.IVWCC.org

Comments

• Options
    iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    I am really only active to Startup Nation. I have not found a way to feel connected at the other sites. What to do? What to read? How to become involved?At Startup Nation, I already spend 2 hours a day here. I am barely connected. Maybe it just takes me to long to read. I hate reading and at the same time, know reading is the only way to get new ideas and information (I don`t get out much to meet friends of challenging thought).So, since I spend so much time here, I think I will just focus on the new relationships I have met here. I do check two other sites I have registered to. (Found them on ....um maybe it was HDean`s list... can`t remember)Anyway, I tend to be loyal and don`t spend much time anywhere else. 2 hours online here is enough time spent on things other than "priority list" items.
  • Options
    ChristinaChristina subscriber Posts: 6
    For now as far as business networking forums, I`m just here. Perhaps more later.
    I`m also on a handful of other non-business related forums.
  • Options
    NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    I belong to about 3I belong the the Hispanic Business Forum, House of Fusion, and Start Up Nation, Start Up Nation being my main one. House of Fusion is only for Coldfusion developers and Hispanic Business Forum tends to not stay focus with the business topic. So I don`t visit much.
  • Options
    rocknroll333rocknroll333 subscriber Posts: 2
    I belong to them all. LOL. I used to work for a social network site last year and my job was to do market research on our competitors so I had to join all of the sites and present a monthly report to the senior management team.
    Ironically because I joined Myspace, I met my business partner a Rock singer in Nashville and we partnered up to create a wickedly awesome brand.
    The site I log into the most is Myspace and now StartupNation.
    Myspace allows me to promote my company with a customized page www.mywallop.com</A> but you have to know someone at Microsoft to get in...they only give you 5 invites so its hard to get your friends in.
    The most interactive site is www.secondlife.com</A> which allows you to build your business virtually and make money while participating in the community.
    Check out my Hot elevator pitch this week on the podcast which will be posted on 7.24.06
    p.s. Vote for me in the Why I need a Vacation contest. Vote for Rocknroll333