WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How to get from Point A to Point C

JBSurfsJBSurfs subscriber Posts: 10 Member
edited May 2009 in Developing Your Invention
So, I`ve had the idea.  Done.  Now I`ve done the research, and I have built a prototype.  How do I go from this step to having something finished to sell?

My problem is I have a working prototype, but it really should be built out of some different materials in places, or maybe there are some changes that would make it better.  I keep thinking of the 3M commercial where they say we don`t make the products you buy, we make the products you buy better. 

Is this the point where I need to use a development company?  And how much will that cost me?  Or should I just try to continue myself?  Here`s an example of a problem.  I am using a piece of wood in place of what probably should be an injection mold plastic.  I just don`t want to go bankrupt trying to get this marketable.  Maybe I just don`t know the suppliers that can make custom pieces at a cheap low rate. 

Also, if I follow my dream, it`s not to sell the idea to another company, it`s to own the company myself.  Thanks.

Comments