Uniform Franchise Offering Circular

BigTopBigTop subscriber Posts: 4
My wife is looking at a home-based business that happens to be a franchise.  She talked to the regional manager (herself a franchisee) who praised the company.  My wife was then referred by her to the corporate HQ.   She emailed the company and requested information and a copy of the UFOC.  The company told her she would have to pay a $90 information fee to receive this.    Is this a common practice among franchisors?Thanks,-Top
BigTop2006-12-27 22:20:37

Comments

• RSchlieperRSchlieper subscriber Posts: 0
    Try this Franchise.  It`s FREE to sign up (never pay) to access our Success Guide.  We also have affiliate programs that one can sign up for a Trial Period (do not have to upgrade, ever) but this is where we make our monies.
    Again, free to sign up!
    RSchlieper (Ron)
  • AnneHAnneH subscriber Posts: 0
    Paying for the UFOC is NOT common practice at all.  Seems like your wife may be getting into something she wont want to be involved in.

I bought a franchise several years ago.  Before I bought it, I checked into literally dozens of franchises and got UFOC on them.  I also physically visited a number at their headquarters.

There`s tons and tons of franchises available, just don`t ever pay for a UFOC if you decide to get involved in one.