WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

SEO help for www.shiftshade.com

DaysleeperDaysleeper subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2008 in Website Critique
Hello,

I am looking for help getting my site http://www.shiftshade.com/ in front of customers.  I work for a power plant as a control operator.  The product on the site is my invention and have sold several thousand...mostly off of ebay and the site.  I paid a website delevoper to design the site with what I thought would appeal to customers.  The web designer does not have much experience with e-commerce I am ready to take the product to the next level. 
1.  I would accept any contructive criticism you have to offer. 
2.  Would it matter if I only offered paypal as a payment option?

I know your time is valuable and I appreciate your input,
Matt

Comments

• Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I would have liked to see a better description of the special order.  The type in the "special order" box is simply too small to read.
    I see no problem with a PayPal only site, but I am prejudiced because my site is also a PayPal site.  You don`t have to make it so obvious, but when someone clicks to the "add to cart" button, you can tell them that they will be going to PayPal to handle the Credit Card part of the transaction.  I also add that the buyer does not need a PayPal account to use a credit card.
  • Options
    googleguygoogleguy subscriber Posts: 47 Bronze Level Member
    There are soo many factors to consider with SEO. The goal of course is to generate traffic to the website. The more traffic, the more sales.

What is required for your site is a full analysis. What are people searching for your product most likely to type into Google or any other search engine? How do you rank for those specific search terms, and how can you improve your position?

Most people will find what they are looking for on the first page of results and are unlikely to look through 20 pages to find you. So knowing where you rank is very important to know.

Looking at your site, there are a few things to consider:

1. You have a decent page rank on Google. That is a good start. You can capitalize on that with the right strategy.

2. You have 0 (zero) back links. These are other sites that link directly to your site. You must invest in a good backlink building strategy.

3. Your page descriptions are not SEO friendly.

Overall, I would recommend you consult with a professional. There are many of us listed in the marketplace section of this site.

Hope this was helpful and .......GO GET IT!!!

www.searchmarketingsystems.net