WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

SaleGrab review request

virapvirap subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2007 in Website Critique
Hi everyone, salegrab.com is not even in beta yet, but still it is good to have a fresh perspective while developing. Any suggestions, comments you might have are appreciated, thanks for your time.It is a shopping website, but it does not sell anything. Simply lists the best deals and sales it finds in many major US retailers.Social shopping part (user submissions) are ready but not sure when it will be enabled yet.One important thing I am not completely sure about yet is the listings sort order. Right now it sorts by savings percentage plus actual savings amount. This so far to me seems the best and most natural sort order. however, what if sorting on savings $ amount makes more sense to the user? So a product where you could save 500 dollars and is 10 off is before anther where you have a 100 dollars savings while the percentage is 50%. I don`t know if I managed to explain it clearly.
virap2007-11-2 14:17:33

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Shop Local Search .... took at least a full minute to bring up results.The main page might appeal to more people if there was a wider variety of items shown; seeing mostly bedspreads and womens clothing right off the bat makers me think that this is primarily geared towards women, so I wouldn`t be as likely to look much farther. Where do your items come from? Do the stores actually input these into your site themselves, do you use a feed .... ? What is the date range that items will be on sale? Until they`re gone, until a certain date?Your lightbox view doesn`t have a "close" option that I could see; very frustrating trying to close it to go back to the original page. ( viewed in Firefox )
  • virapvirap subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you very much for the review Webline.  Are you sure the lightbox does not  have  "close " link on top?  The close links works for me  in all major browsers including firefox.You are right about shoplocal search  taking too long, need  to  be fixed.And products  don`t come from  rss and they are not  added by  merchants though  this feature is  present (without bulk upload).  The website crawls  major merchant  websites to get all the product data needed. About  how long the products  stay;  sometimes merchants have expiration dates  for  sales. if that is the case then  the products will expire  once that dates passes, otherwise the robot will expire/update them next time it crawls  the url  their site.
    virap2007-11-4 7:26:0
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    I don`t see a "Close" tab in either Firefox or IE.