WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

The #1 Way To Overcome Sales Resistance

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited July 2007 in Sales
The number one way to overcome sales resistance is to become known as an expert.
If people don`t know who you are, you`re at a distinct disadvantage. Why? Because with so many scams and over-hyped products pervading the marketing universe, people may perceive you and what you`re selling as a risky proposition, and most  people instinctively tend to resist what they perceive to be risky.
However, when you are well known in your particular niche and positioned as an expert, people will automatically look at you in a different light. That`s why whenever Oprah recommends a book, sales of that book increase exponentially.It`s just human nature. People automatically think that if you are well known and positioned as an expert, you must be pretty good at what you do, otherwise you would not have achieved this status.
When you are well known,  people will be attracted to you and will be open to what you have to say. There will be very little resistance to your offer - provided of course there is at least some rudimentary interest in what you`re selling.
So how can you establish yourself as an expert. Providing you are qualified to give advice, following are three ways:
1. Write a book. It doesn`t have to be the next great american novel, with hundreds of pages. It can be a booklet or folio with just a few pages. Another option is to go the digital route and write an e-book.
2. Write articles. Writing articles is a great way to establish yourself as an expert, especially when your articles are published by highly respected websites and offline publications.
3. Actively participate in forums. If you provide solid and helpful information on a consistent basis, you will quickly become known as an expert in your chosen field, and people will eagerly seek you out for your expertise.
Dale KingDKing2007-7-3 8:40:58

Comments

• Options
    saxmanstevesaxmansteve subscriber Posts: 5
    Hi Dale

I just know you`re right about this!

Expertise is the value add people are usually looking for - trouble is they
    don`t always find it easy to admit this, even to themselves.

Saxman
  • Options
    DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Hey, saxmansteve...where in the heck have you been? .
    And yes, you`re right. Most people are looking for expertise, even if they don`t realize it or admit it to themselves.
    To take this a step further, many of my clients have told me that they hired me, based on the fact,  they saw one of my articles on a site they know and respect.
    In addition, whenever I have my car repaired, I ALWAYS insist that it be handled by the shop`s master mechanic, and I ALWAYS insist on seeing their ASE certification for automotive excellence.
    Dale KingDKing2007-7-2 14:51:30
  • Options
    patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    I always insist on the car being fixed by the first guy I see who has no experience.