WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Absentee Owner Business Model

2»

Comments

• Options
    proactive1proactive1 subscriber Posts: 1
    I`ve seen a fitness franchise that is owner absentee.  Take a look at the Entrepreneur website and look at franchises for health clubs.  I can`t remember their name.

Hi, I believe the name of the fitness-related franchise is called Snap Fitness. Intersting, ther`s a banner linked to a pdf file on the lower left of their website entitled "Keep Your Day Job!" 

I personally enjoy trading options in the stock market and use a system developed by a company called BetterTrades. While there is considerable risk involved, they have a business model in place that enables members to leverage time and money while managing that risk.

My newest potential "hands-free" business involves building eBay Niche Market stores -- and I wont have to sell a thing! One just needs a bit of site develpment skills; a minor obstacle with a new generation of do-it-yourself software these days. I only got involved with this because I have 30 or so parked domains sitting out there collecting dust and realized each one could address a particular niche on eBay. I`m actually excited about the prospects of this.

Hope you find what you`re looking for.

• Options
    JoseJose subscriber Posts: 4

I have a business opportunity that describes exactlty what you were doing in the past. It`s not a franchise but a proven business model that uses displays like you described earlier.

The systems are deployed in high traffic locations such as eateries, sports arenas, hotels, waiting areas. The partner is responsible for selling local advertisers onto the system and maintain the local relationships. Recurring revenue comes from the advertisers plus there are additional sales the partners can make and earn money on. For example website development, search engine optimization, etc.

I will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding this opportunity or any of the other 250 businesses I have in our portfolio.

Jose4/16/2008 5:35 PM
  • Options
    JeanAnnVKJeanAnnVK subscriber Posts: 0
    I think you should look into vending machines.  You have the initial work of placement, but after that it is stocking and collecting money.  You can`t get much more passive than that.
  • Options
    curiousmindcuriousmind subscriber Posts: 0
    Can you say more about e-books please.  What is that about?
  • Options
    CPCTonyCPCTony subscriber Posts: 0
    I have something to contribute here...  I have the answer!!! 

When Albert Einstein was asked... What is the most incredible discovery you have ever found?  (Do you know what he said?)  He said... "Compound Interest."  If he we`re alive today, he would say "Rental Income".    Why?  Because rental income compounds (verb) compound (noun) interest. 

Sorry!! I don`t mean to sound like a TV commercial.  However, I specialize in multi-family properties in emerging markets inside the U.S.  Many multi-family properties run like small businesses (when set up properly).  And Yes!!!! You only buy them when they positive cash-flow.  Ahhh ... music to my ears!!!!  Furthermore!!!!!  Unlike other businesses (absentee or otherwise) multi-family properties are collateralized by dirt, bricks and motar.  Which make them very easy and beneficial for local banks to lend on.  The banks love me. 

Anywhoo..   So... You`re an engineer.  Hmmm... I bet you have a 900 FICO score.  We should talk.

:) 

ThanX!
    Tony
  • Options
    GcrawfordGcrawford subscriber Posts: 5
    As a suggestion it would be better if you just outsource some of it so that you can still focus more on the design and the marketing of your projects. Many small business outsource some of their minor task in order to focus more on what should the business do and plan a business strategy.

Regards,
    Axiem Corporation BPO service Company
    http://www.axiemoffshoreoutsourcingsolu ... -services/
  • Options
    KevinFoxKevinFox subscriber Posts: 0
    Here is my wesbite link to reviews of the best passive ownership models for 2016: http://franchisebusiness.reviews/catego ... ownership/

Make sure to check out Midici... the hottest new food and beverage startup for 2016... they already have contracts in place for over 200 restaurants in their first year.

Wish you the best in your search and a happy and fulfilling future

Call me if you have any questions,

Kevin Fox
    (702)326-0070