WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

construction contractor and a second business

dbcooperdbcooper subscriber Posts: 1
Hi, I`m currently a licensed landscape contractor with an LLC partnership in the state of oregon and was wondering if anyone knows of legal problems starting up a second business while the first one is pending dissolution? The first LLC partnership is dissolving starting the 13th of february but I`d like to keep on going and not miss any work. The current situation is involving partner problems in a 50/50 llc partnership entity, I am the only licensed specialty person, the partner will basically be looking for work when this LLC breaks up. Just wondering how legal it is to begin forming a new business while another is in process to split up? If the other partner had licensing I`d leave him to do whatever he pleases (like he does anyway) but as it stands I have to be the bad guy and have sought legal help. I`ll be asking my attorney about this but was hoping to find some answers before then. So far I have a good name, good work flow and stay above water but if I have to remain out of business while this dissolution is in process it is going to wipe me out and I`ll be turning away customers who call. Any advice is welcome.. Any construction/ contracting special advice is especially welcome.. Thank you! dbcooper2007-2-9 18:14:40