WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Google or YouTube?

HRB1HRB1 subscriber Posts: 2
edited October 2011 in Marketing
I`d like to hear everyones opinion on whether YouTube is more effective than Google search for generating traffic to your website.  Which do you prefer and why?
Regards,
HRB

www.wowzzy.com
HRB15/21/2008 1:15 PM

Comments

• Options
    sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    Both go hand in hand.  You just need to figure out how to leverage both at the same time.
  • Options
    Jennifer thanks for the input.  Aaron, I assume you mean a structured approach in which one compliments the other? If so, which role or function would either assume? 

HRB

www.wowzzy.com
  • Options
    sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member

Jennifer thanks for the input.  Aaron, I assume you mean a structured approach in which one compliments the other? If so, which role or function would either assume?  

Well first off keep in mind that Google owns You Tube and that a properly worded you tube video will rank very high in the search engines (depending on the keyword competition of course).  You should also target Dailymotion as well.  I`ve posted videos on that site and it showed up very high in rankings in Google anywhere between two to five hours later.  If that doesn`t tell you what the power of video and google is, I don`t know what will.
    Cheers!
  • Options
    JTR65JTR65 subscriber Posts: 4
    There`s a company called TrafficGeyser.com that automates the process of submitting videos to free video hosting sites (like YouTube and many others).  The intended result is that your video on those sites will obtain high search engine results rankings for your targeted keywords (typically the title of the video).  Aaron is correct, video complements your rankings in the search engines. 
  • Options
    Aaron wrote:
    "Well first off keep in mind that Google owns You Tube and that a properly worded you tube video will rank very high in the search engines (depending on the keyword competition of course).  You should also target Dailymotion as well.  I`ve posted videos on that site and it showed up very high in rankings in Google anywhere between two to five hours later.  If that doesn`t tell you what the power of video and google is, I don`t know what will."

Appreciate the clarity!
    Thanks,
    HRB

www.wowzzy.com

• Options
    DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    This is an apples or oranges question.  Not one or the other is "more effective" on a general level.  Without any sort of context, there`s no answer.  There are just too many variables in the difference between video and search.
    It`s like asking what`s more effective, email or snail mail.  It depends, right?    I totally disagree, Steve. Generally speaking, most people - even those that are avid users of YouTube would admit that when it comes to generating traffic, Google is in a class by itself! There`s just no comparison! Generally speaking.
     Dale King
  • Options
    dougmcisaacdougmcisaac subscriber Posts: 0
    The simple answer is that you need both. But what really matters is where does your target market look for information about your product.
    You need to know that before you decide where you want to focus your attention. Do competitive research: keyword research with a tool like wordtracker.com, search on your keywords on YouTube and see if people in your niche are viewing videos, look at what your competition is doing, ask your customers where they hang out etc...
    Doug
  • Options
    Great input everyone! Thanks

HRB 

www.wowzzy.com 

HRB15/30/2008 11:37 AM
  • Options
    longwestlongwest subscriber Posts: 0
    In short, Google and youtube both are good social networking website. as per my knowledge google is a better then youtube. google is a one of the best search engine.
  • Options
    butlermillsbutlermills subscriber Posts: 0
    Really i like to use only google and google is a one of the best search engine. according to me, google is a better then youtube.
  • Options
    cooperpricecooperprice subscriber Posts: 0
    Google and youtube both are best website. According to me, Google is a very better then youtube.
  • Options
    unlimited22unlimited22 subscriber Posts: 1
    If you're on YouTube, you'll get listed on Google.
  • Options
    whitecookwhitecook subscriber Posts: 0
    Really I like to use google and youtube. Google is a best search engine and youtube is a best social networking site.
  • Options
    canionbrycecanionbryce subscriber Posts: 0
    Google and youtube both are best social networking website. Google is a better than youtube and google is also my favourite website.
  • Options
    whiterosswhiteross subscriber Posts: 0
    Youtube is also best social networking website and Google is also best search engine. According to me, Google is a better than youtube.