WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Suburbs of NYC - Musican`s Rehearsal Studio

KenSchumacherKenSchumacher subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2008 in Selecting a Business
Hello everyone,
So I am a musician in a band who regularly practices by visiting my local rehearsal studio at least once a week.  I used to rehearse in a Parsippany, NJ studio until I moved to Belleville, NJ.  Before I moved, I realized that there are really not that many rehearsal studios out there.  In fact, I may have to commute about 25 minutes to the studio that I went to before the move.  With so few locations, there must be a high demand for practice space.  Not many parents or home owners want loud music blasting through their house and annoying their neighbors.  So on I went to list the over-head, which really isn`t much.  Obviously sound-proofing and providing equipment in each room that is adequate for a standard-sized band would be a start.  I guess I`ll phrase a question by asking whether anyone out there has ever worked or owned...or owns a rehearsal studio.  If so, do you have any pointers?  Thanks!!
Ken