We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Register as a foreign entity in NY?

barryg9999barryg9999 subscriber Posts: 1

Help! I’m very
confused and hoping that someone can help. I provide consulting and am setup
under a LLC in NJ. A couple of my
clients are in NYC. 
I maintain a residence in NJ and do all of my work from my
home, except for occasional meetings at the clients’ location in NY from time
to time. My LLC’s bank account is in NJ
as well as everything else for my business
Do I need to setup a foreign entity in NY, and declare these
as income for NY taxes? 
Any help or guidance is appreciated.
- Barry


  • Options
    menexismenexis subscriber Posts: 1
    Not sure what you mean by foreign entity in NY. YOu can setup a LLC in almost any state as long as you have some sort of address you can use to registerd the business. It could be a friends address in NY, just for registration sake.
    But in all honesty, you are simply wasting time trying to registered a business in NY. If you are already registeed in NJ, why waste time. You can conduct your business operations in NY and file your taxes in NJ. The main thing is paying your taxes.
    There are lost of large corporations that are registered in Delaware but only have an address there and conduct their oprattions else where.
  • Options
    barryg9999barryg9999 subscriber Posts: 1
    This is a huge help.  Thank you!
Sign In or Register to comment.