WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

College Laundry Service Site

GIJoeGIJoe subscriber Posts: 3
edited January 2009 in Website Critique
This is the first website and business I have ever started. www.sbulaundry.com
Id appreciate any and all input on anything.
Anything you think I should add, take off or do differently?
Traffic is going to be generated primarily by MySpace and flyers, its meant only to service a specific area at the moment and advertised by word of mouth so Im not to worried about SEO. Thanks.
BTW, I did this using Yahoo Web Hosting and Small Business Services. I was going to use a pro, but he wanted $400 and I just don`t know if thats worth it for something that may not work out. If all goes well this semester, I plan on having a pro redo it.
EDIT :
The only problem I think I have is the order process. I would like to be able to take an order and take payment online. I just dont know how to create an order form. I looked at PayPal and I can accept credit cards with them, but I also need to get all of the information located on the Order.Doc.doc on the Sign Me Up! page. Any help?GIJoe12/4/2007 7:00 PM

Comments

• Options
    ThousandnaireThousandnaire subscriber Posts: 0
    I think the website looks pretty good.  You included some humor, which is always good.  The homepage displays exactly what the students would want to know and that`s basically the prices.  Have you tried to communicate with the Residence Hall Dean or anyone who basically has input with putting students in dorms? 

I really can`t be of any help dealing with the payment options but I think you did a good job for this being your first website and business ever.  Do you have a service or plan in which some students just want a few things washed and returned to them within about 2 days?

I`m actually in the process of starting my own college laundry service.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    sbuckinghamssbuckinghams subscriber Posts: 9
    is it just me, or is anyone else having problems seeing your site? - www.sbulaundry.com
    sbuckinghams1/17/2009 4:45 PM
  • Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    That post is from 2007 .... I`m guessing it`s no longer online.