WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

(Untitled)

Comments

• Options
    poopourripoopourri subscriber Posts: 1
    Yes it is very similar.  She spent an hour and a half talking about how amazing my product was and that they have very thorough testing criteria, most products don`t make it.  They did say their spots were Primetime TV, I make all the decisions, etc.Here are some of the questions I asked to help out others that get the call: I asked who handles fulfillment and she said either you do or we do?  what???  she said it didn`t matter.  Any company knows that it is a huge expense and it does matter a lot!  My fulfillment company charges $2.00 a pull.  I then asked how much product they stock and how do we keep inventory levels, again she answered somehting flaky like we are very good at determining what inventory levels you have.  when she said before that they stock the inventory.    She also had read our press release and was selling my against working with QVC while buttering me up about how fantastic my product is.  All in all it felt good at first and by the end of the call I was very leery of her and the company.  especially when I looked at their website, it is not well done in my opinion and I did not see my product being associated with them.  they could be legit and me just paranoid and I don`t think so.  http://www.shophsg.com/index.html  Our product is doing great in high end gift shops, this would definitely bring it down before we even really started!  Hope it helps someone make a clearer decision if contacted. 
  • Options
    ImiImi subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Group
    Has anyone been contacted from Dunn & Bradsteet. I got a sales pitch this morning on how I can increase my Business Credit rating and score by giving them $494.00. Does anyone here use this service?
    Thank you,Marvin
  • Options
    JanedoeJanedoe subscriber Posts: 0
    Yes, I got something in the mail from them a month or so ago. It said something along the lines like the credit for my business was in needing some help. I have been too busy to look into it and my business credit is not having any problems. Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    lesismorelesismore subscriber Posts: 0
    I get all of those and they go in my shredder.  Oh, and as a professional organizer, remember to keep your shredder in your kitchen.  On the counter, you will use it more than the juicer...right?
  • Options
    Please recycle that shredded paper  
  • Options
    ImiImi subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Martyvan, Lesismore, Poopourri and Janedoe
    I got my D&B Number last week and would imagine that started the sales pitch a rolling. Thank you for your valuable input. This is an awesome board of people with lot`s of knowledge.
    Best, Marvin
  • Options
    GetAGripGetAGrip subscriber Posts: 14
    You will want he D&B number as stated by everyone else.  You will get asked about it often. 

lesismore - Look into Constantcontact.com or Salesgenie.com for contacts in your industry.  Salesgenie has a free trail that I would suggest to everyone, you can only get 100 free leads in the trial, however it is a great start. 
    Salesgenie now owes me a plug!!
  • Options
    Just got my D&B number thanks for the reminder!  Had it on my list for a while and had not done it.  Constant conact is great and i use it often for my other business.  Easy to use once and it looks very professional!  Have not tried sales genie but i will try it out.  I did also register for google alerts and it is a great way to get notice of bloggers.  i have several bloggers trying the product now.  One just wrote an article on it. It seems to be a good way to come up on google searches.  Tanks for the info on that! 
  • Options
    storybookstudiostorybookstudio subscriber Posts: 7
    1 more sleep guys!!!
    Good luck!!!

• Options
    JanedoeJanedoe subscriber Posts: 0
    I went to Oprah`s website and read her rules about notification and it said winner would be notified by phone or email within 5 days of determination.
    So what if the determination date is the 27th? So then winner could be waiting till May 1st? Maybe thats why they said "on or about the 27th." I think I should just put that out there so in case we still don`t hear anything tomorrow this could be reason why.
    I hope this is the last night either way it turns out. All this waiting is exhausting! Good luck to all of you- thanks so much for all your advice!
  • Options
    FEASTerFEASTer subscriber Posts: 0
    According to Oprah`s show yesterday, the finalists will appear on next Thursday`s live program.  Can`t imagine that they waited until today to notify the winners, but hey, that would really make things spontaneous. 
    Good luck to all of us!
  • Options
    b4betsyb4betsy subscriber Posts: 0
    I hate to admit this, but I could not sleep all night!  The suspense is killing me! I have to believe that SOMEONE here will get on!!  Fess up!
    If you do hear something, please share the news!
    Good luck!
    (And, I happen to be FREE next Thursday!....Just in case!)
  • Options
    I have not heard a peep.  Waiting just like everyone else.  Going to go run to get the anxiety off
  • Options
    storybookstudiostorybookstudio subscriber Posts: 7
    I know - this is brutal. I was fine for almost the whole month, but now that we could be getting an email or phone call any minute - this is a little nerve-wracking. I would think though, that if what FEASTer says is correct (about next Thurs.) that finalists would have heard by now. Not trying to be pessimistic though! I`m still on the edge of my chair!
     I`m actually going to go work out too - great minds think alike poopouri!
  • Options
    MoondogMoondog subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi everyone !

I have little bit of info. I am told that the QVC e-mails will be going out
    today after 12:00 pm. As long as their servers don`t crash.

Good luck to all.