WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Attracting attention

dhanrajdhanraj subscriber Posts: 2
edited August 2006 in Sales
I am trying to get an appointment with a major software manufacturer, but have been unable to do so. I sent a registered letter to the ceo a couple of weeks ago and he did reply in an email telling me that he would be forwarding my letter to the appropriate team. how long should i wait for a response from his team? and if anyone has tried this before and been successful i would love to know how they went about doing it.

Comments

• dhanrajdhanraj subscriber Posts: 2
    Thank you very much for the advice. I will be sure to apply it.
  • DonedealleasingDonedealleasing subscriber Posts: 0
    Pick up the phone, stop the email.  Tell the person you have to talk to them now, and tell them why they need to meet with you. 
    Mr. CEO we have this opportunity, and we can save you money, or save your staff time, or improve your bottom line through....and ask for the meeting...if he/she says "I will pass this on to ....", tell them great, I think it would be a great idea if .....was included as well in our meeting, will .... or .... work for you, and ....  go for the close again.