WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Business Plan

1stLady1stLady subscriber Posts: 1
with writing my business plan how do i go about provideing information on all the various markets within the industry i want to go in? How do i find out about new products or developments that will benefit or adversely affect mybusiness.

Comments

• Options
    MrFesterMrFester subscriber Posts: 1
    Google is an incredible research tool.  Typing your chosen market and your vicinity`s name can yield an obscene amount of returns, so attempt to limit it down a bit with other keywords such as what your competition may be.  For example if you are going into business running a coffee shop/internet cafe, you may want to search like so:

"Coffee shop"  "My city name"  "internet access"

This will give you a decent idea of competition.  Also, if you live in a small town as I do, I just go into the other places as a customer and chat with other customers and employees to see what they like and dislike about the place.  Also, and this may no apply to you at all, but I have the opportunity to ask other proprietors how they got their demographics, which the chamber of commerce carries yearly reports in my town.

I hope something here helps.  Best of luck!