WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Fax services

xericxxericx subscriber Posts: 6
Right now I`m using Send2Fax. It works "ok", not great.
I did some searches and MyFax seems good. Efax is probably the most popular.
The thing is that I don`t forsee myself using a fax at all. $10 a month seems unecessary...
How often do you use faxes? I have a PDF scanner and send most things on email, but some people still want faxes for some reason or another. 

Comments

• Options
    I don`t have a land line. I use skype + cell phone. 
    I had to fax a bid over to someone...they didn`t want emails for some reason.
    some people are surprisingly tech-averse, esp. when it comes to having signatures. I personally scan and email everything, but not everyone does.      xericx6/12/2008 12:55 AM
  • Options
    Indeed. That`s how I have generally been doing it with my Send2Fax account, which I am not that thrilled about the contact managaement.  I`m trying to see the differences between Efax and Myfax.
    I`d like to be able to fax directly from outlook.  That`d be cool. 
  • Options
    foodietwoshoesfoodietwoshoes subscriber Posts: 3
    Do you know of any fax services that let you pay by the fax? We have a fax machine, but rarely ever need it. Not enough to warrant a second line. Unhooking the phone and hooking up the fax isn`t a problem when we want to send one, but we never know when we are going to receive a fax. Are there any services that let us pay per fax, instead of a monthly fee?
  • Options
    JenBJenB subscriber Posts: 2
    It sounds like you all would be better off without a fax machine altogether, honestly. If you sign up with an online fax service, like eFax or MyFax, you won't need to worry about not having a second phone line since incoming faxes would just go to your email or online fax account.
    Plus there are a bunch of online fax companies that have pay-per-fax options, like SFax's Freedom Plan - it's $24 a year and works on a credit system. Once you go through 100 faxes, you can buy more credits as needed.
    In case you're interested, here's a site I've used before (it's actually where I got all my info): http://findafax.com/