WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

I need help on how to reach clients/opinions on my site.

aholl333aholl333 subscriber Posts: 3
edited March 2008 in Selecting a Business
Hello, I have a business set up and I don`t know how to
reach my potential customers.
The site is, onestopdeals.com, and  its based upon the idea that struggling small
businesses, e-commerce at first, would put up special deals on my site. These
deals would only be attainable through my site. The stores would pay using a PPC method . There is also a ranking system, where customers who are purchasing
from the site vote on the best deals and those appear on the front page.
So back to my question, how can I reach my clients? I`ve
thought about Google ad`s, but I`m a little hesitant. Any opinions/suggestions
are really appreciated (in relation to the site as well) Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Options
    jwatkinsjwatkins subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member
    Post on forums, start a blog, post on blogs, cold call.
  • Options
    aholl333aholl333 subscriber Posts: 3
    Its not really a place where sites can put together flyer`s. Its more of a place to advertise, and the idea is that if enough sites choose to advertise on my site it will generate a lot of traffic. The draw for customers of the site is that everything they find will be below retail. The ranking system then comes in as an incentive for the e-commerce sites to lower their prices or create better "deals" so that they are on the front page.
  • Options
    xericxxericx subscriber Posts: 6
    Email small buisness websites with a prospectus about your advertising services, start really low at first to get an established base.
    I would also start a forum on your site for people to discuss deals:
    see:
    www.spoofee.com
    www.hotdealsclub.com
    www.slickdeals.net
    and there are others....follow and adjust.
  • Options
    vapourlockvapourlock subscriber Posts: 4

I would say you start publishing articles on your website and elsewhere and get aggressive on the `Article Marketing" front. If you kept up a daily schedule to write articles and post them, you will huge hits on your site very soon ( provided you have that kind of content).If you can`t write

-- pick it up from sites like dailyarticle.com ( i don`t own it, I write for it. I know what goes  into   writing each piece there so quality is amazing)
    -- get a ghost writer to do the job for you. Like Craig Says, Focus on the SEO aspects and keep it long term. Short term SEO is no SEO at all. PPC can be expensive -- see if you really need it. Understand that if you don`t to put money, you`ll have to put in time.
    God speed!
  • Options
    vapourlockvapourlock subscriber Posts: 4

I would say you start publishing articles on your website and elsewhere and get aggressive on the `Article Marketing" front. If you kept up a daily schedule to write articles and post them, you will huge hits on your site very soon ( provided you have that kind of content).If you can`t write

-- pick it up from sites like dailyarticle.com ( i don`t own it, I write for it. I know what goes  into   writing each piece there , so quality is amazing)
    -- get a ghost writer to do the job for you. Like Craig Says, Focus on the SEO aspects and keep it long term. Short term SEO is no SEO at all. Forums, Blog comments and other such online marketing activities do help. PPC can be expensive -- see if you really need it. Understand that if you don`t to put money, you`ll have to put in time.
    God speed!
  • Options
    infinique1infinique1 subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    You can do a survey using Survey Monkey.