WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Facebook Marketing

cubemonkeycubemonkey subscriber Posts: 11
edited April 2008 in Marketing
I was wondering if anyone has had a successful campaign using Facebook ads. I`ve read numerous stories of how people were dissatisfied with their results saying that "college kids don`t have the income to buy something". I feel that`s kind of a useless argument since you have the option of targeting any age group (say 27-45).
Any thoughts/experiences?

Comments

• Options
    exgeekexgeek subscriber Posts: 1
    I don`t think all FB users are students per se but there may be better ways to target your market.  Hard to respond without knowing what you want to advertise.  If it`s the guitar repair link in your sig, why not advertise on music fan sites like Popmatters, Pitchfork, etc.  You are likely to hit upon a ton of guitarists on sites like that.  Probably more than just the general FB audience that may not always be very into music.exgeek4/29/2008 10:49 AM
  • Options
    I don`t think all FB users are students per se but there may be better ways to target your market.  Hard to respond without knowing what you want to advertise.  If it`s the guitar repair link in your sig, why not advertise on music fan sites like Popmatters, Pitchfork, etc.  You are likely to hit upon a ton of guitarists on sites like that.  Probably more than just the general FB audience that may not always be very into music.

Sorry I forgot to mention you can pick their interests. So I can target people that have written specifically "playing guitar" "acoustic guitar" "playing my guitar" in their actual profile. That way to make sure they are interested in guitar. I would like to steer clear of sites like Popmatters etc because they are pretty broad in musical topics. More people like music than can actually play it.
  • Options
    Thanks Loren, good insight.
     Good advice about the SEO and guitar repair articles, that was my next step after getting site fully automated which I have just completed. I never thought about getting someone else to write the articles, I`ll definitely look into that.
  • Options
    sooonsooon subscriber Posts: 5
    why not google adwords??
    i mean is not like i m expert in this but i think is worth a try. agreed with exgeek that social networking is not so much for your business. to my you are kind of niche,  and it is better and bigger target to adword because to me adwords works better for niche business than normal business.
    Loren is right too and I think you can do his advice.
    just my thought good luck!