WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

please critique my new errand running website

aaronserrandsaaronserrands subscriber Posts: 6
edited July 2007 in Website Critique
Hi Everybody,
My wife and I started an errand running & concierge service. Our goal is to have a business that we can run so my wife can be home as much as possibile when we start to have kids.
We are geared towards the high income clients $250,000 a year or more. our goal of the website was to so the benefits of using our service. We also wanted it to be easy to read and quick to the point.
Plesae let us know what you think.
www.weworkyouplay.net</A>

Comments

• Options
    retiredmember3retiredmember3 subscriber Posts: 3
    Aaronserrands,It`s a great website if you do it yourselves. It`s working for right now. Like CampSteve said "easy to navigate". It`s always something need to be improved right? My wife and I are doing the same business like you do. So don`t give up. How was the business going? We got great critiques, didnt we? Thank to you all.
  • Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I think that you are on to something, but your marketing is misguided.  Just my opinion, but you`re trying to serve wine and cheese using a beer and chips menu.You are targeting the high income clients, so you have to appeal to what they expect.  An executive wants a personal concierge for a day or for a few hours - not an errand boy.The website will appeal to the average soccer mom with too many chores on the plate, but I don`t think that you will pick up any executive clients except by referrals.  It`s all in the image.  Rent "Bob the Butler" and you`ll see what I mean.
  • Options
    newwardnewward subscriber Posts: 0
    May I ask why all the pages are in flash?  There really isn`t anything "flashy" (like the other web site) going on and it will hurt you in the search engines.  I would go to straght HTML if you can.
    The high heel shoe threw me... I`d assume of you are running my errands you`d need sneakers
  • Options
    aaronserrandsaaronserrands subscriber Posts: 6
    Thank you so much for the comments. I`m changing the shoe to a slide show of luxury pictures. let me know what you think.

aaronerrands

• Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    May I ask why all the pages are in flash?Good eye - I didn`t catch that.All Flash - badSo are web sites that are all images.  The search engines have nothing to index so you are lucky to ever be found by Google.