WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

I need help naming my business.

daneluvdaneluv subscriber Posts: 2
edited September 2007 in Business Planning
Hi,I am opening a pet sitting business in October.  I am having a brain block.  Every name I think of is taken.  I want something different, fun, hip, fresh.   I originally picked the name Zoomies Pet Care, because my 2 Great Danes get the zoomies all the time and I just love that word.  Well, it is trademarked, so it is a no go. The one word or simple fun words is what I am after.Any ideas?thank you,Lynn
daneluv2007-9-2 13:23:51

Comments

• Options
    daneluvdaneluv subscriber Posts: 2
    What if a name I want is trademarked but for a completely different business?  I saw several registered for different businesses and none were pet related.  Is it ok to use the word as part of my pet related business?thanks,Lynn
  • Options
    DwayneGarrettDwayneGarrett subscriber Posts: 1

6 Simple Steps To Naming Your Business
    Step 1 : Try to define the qualities that you want your business to be identified with.Step 2: Find something that`s compelling about who you are and build on that vocabulary  perspective.Step 3: Take a look at some of the successful names of your competition to see if you notice any similarities and then dare to be different.Step 4: Brainstorm  5 to 10 creative names.Step 5: Research to see if those names are available.Step 6: Select a name. Set a deadline and decide on a name. If all else fails, and you just are not able to decide, hire  a naming firm and they will be able to assist you.