WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Any restaurant owner / manager / chef out there??

MeitziMeitzi subscriber Posts: 4
I plan on opening this unique concept of a REAL family restaurant next summer and have been trying to put bits and pieces together since the beginning of the year.  I was a teacher for 7 years; worked as a freelance graphic designer while being as a stay-home mom; 1 year in the high tech (marketing dept), and now a solar energy company.  I am able to use the art background to design logo, menu, and website.  Teaching experiences also contribute some to this `unique` concept that makes my restaurant different from the others.  But most of all, the idea comes from being a parent, gathering needs from other parents (and their children, too) so the restaurant will meet with more realistic and practical needs of the potential customers. 
I am still seeking `the` creative chef who can put my ideas on plates, and/or a retired chef to be on the Advisory Board. 
I have to say this is a wonderful website.  For someone who is currently working full time, I have learned so much by reading the articles as well as the forums.  Thank you so much!!

Comments

• Options
    MiteyMite  - Thank you so much!!
    How did you choose your chef?  I have the menu all planned out but am open to any suggestions and changes.  I have interviewed employees before, but never a chef.  I`d like to find someone who is creative since this restaurant is designed for children. 
    Thank you in advance for your help!!
  • Options
    Thank you sooooooooooo much!!!
    now what`s this about treating chefs gently?????
  • Options
    ess0917ess0917 subscriber Posts: 0
    Well I am glad you will be opening up a restaurant I own a restaurant equipment company we do mostly online sales but let me know if you need any deals on the equipment i mainly specialize in ice machines for restaurants and bars. Let me know if I can help or visit my site EquipNship.Kind Regards,.