WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Need help with Internet Marketing!

twocornertwocorner subscriber Posts: 3
edited November 2006 in Marketing
I am a newbie to Internet marketing and was wondering if
anyone could give me some advice on getting my new website noticed on the web?

I would lis the company name but in fear of being
blacklisted, I will not do so.However, I will describe the company a bit to
give you an idea of what it does.

The company is a marketplace which allows users and software
developers from all over the world request, buy, and sell intellectual
property. Users and software developers can collaborate on ideas, create
products, and re-sell applications, software, and virtually any type of
intellectual property right on the marketplace. Users can create thier own
businesses through the website.

One way to describe the company is to say that it is an Ebay
type of marketplace for intellectual property. You can request anything from
software upgrades for your digital devices (Mp3 players, Digital cameras, pda,
etc), custom ringtones, custom MySpace tweaks, etc...

If anyone has any advice as to how to market and make
this website noticable on the internet, I would very much appreciate it!

Comments

• Options
    NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    There are many ways in which you can get your web site noticed.Forget about Adwords and Overture..Try Local advertisement first and move up slowly. Ranking is a process that takes time. mos of all it takes time. Flyers, and submitting your web site to search engines can be another way. I can give you a list of search engines you can submit your web site for free.
  • Options
    DavidDavid subscriber Posts: 3

anyone could give me some advice on getting my new website noticed on the web?

I would lis the company name but in fear of being
    give you an idea of what it does.

The company is a marketplace which allows users and software
    businesses through the website.

One way to describe the company is to say that it is an Ebay
    etc), custom ringtones, custom MySpace tweaks, etc...

If anyone has any advice as to how to market and make
    I think Adwords and Overture can be very effective for your business with just a minimum $1000 (or less) investment.  But you`ll have to do some legwork (I caution against hiring so-called experts) to figure out what keywords cost the least for the most results.  Googling the keywords will help you find out what keywords your potential competitors use and which they give higher priority.Adwords is Google`s pay-per-click advertising service (You only pay if someone clicks the text ad on Google or any site with Google text ads) and despite market changes, is still one of the best web advertising options out there.  Overture comes slightly more expensive and is Yahoo`s comparable service.  Although not as effective, it still gives you a fairly good return on investment.  Lastly, I would recommend MSNSearch.  They`re #3 which means many of their keywords aren`t as bought out as on Google, so you can carve out a decent niche there.You will need to monitor who clicks on your ads because of click fraud.  (Websites with Google text ads hire con artists to artificially fake clicks in order to enrich their own earnings.)  Besides that, it`s a fairly easy and business-savvy thing to do.If pay-per-click advertising is not your thing, there are other options.  You can pay for ads directly on sites that your target demographic visits.  Many of these websites will charge a "pay-per-impression" rate which means you pay a lower rate for a set amount of displays of your ad.  A banner will be shown 100,000 times at a flat rate regardless of how many people actually click to go to your business` website.  Link exchanges and affiliate programs can be more complex and costly, but are also great options once your business has been around for a year or more.
  • Options
    STXRWSTXRW subscriber Posts: 1
    I just started using Google Adwords because I was not getting any traffic to my website. I am now starting to get traffic and I have invested very little money in it so far.
  • Options
    FreshYieldsFreshYields subscriber Posts: 0
    I would caution against using paid search marketing, at least at first, if you are not selling anything.  It is difficult to measure your success without having real sales conversion data.  However, if you are running some sort of advertsiing model on your own site, this ads can help recoup some of the search fees, or even make you money on the deal.
  • Options
    mybizmybiz subscriber Posts: 4
    hi..
    why dont you try out google adwords..they are very popular now.
    checkout this free course on google adwords...
    click here... http://perrymarshall.com/cmd.php?pg=nurulh01</A>
  • Options
    predatorbizpredatorbiz subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello.  If you want a serious Internet marketing system then go to http://mytraffic.veretekk.com/</A>.  There`s a great free version (silver), but the paid version (gold) is even better.  This is a very sophisticated and impressive system.  Highly recommended! 
  • Options
    PittsburghPresencePittsburghPresence subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi there.Another great way to market to your customers is through eMail Marketing Campaigns. You can buy eMail Marketing software that will assist you in creating these campaigns very affordably. You have to be careful though that you are only sending eMail Campaigns out to customers that have "opted in"...but if they have, you can send them out newsletters with product promotions explaining how and why using your product would benefit them greatly. This is a great way to keep in touch with all your customers as well as give them a sense of personalization. And it will keep them coming back as well as referring you to others.Hope this helps.April M.
  • Options
    jmcauljmcaul subscriber Posts: 1
    My question is: Why re-invent the wheel? You say it is an "e-bay like" site why not just create an eBay sellers account and build an e-Bay store that sells your products/services?
  • Options
    DeafCeoDeafCeo subscriber Posts: 3
    Imo ebay is becoming the uncle scrooge of the internet imo with its ever increasing fees and paypal`s chargebacks.
    Chargebacks are a pain in the butt especially with internet commerce trading.
    It is time for a new auction company to come out. Why Ebay gotta be the only joint in town?

• Options
    jmcauljmcaul subscriber Posts: 1

It is time for a new auction company to come out. Why Ebay gotta be the only joint in town?

Let`s start one - eMail me if you are serious and we can brainstorm!
  • Options
    RenegadeRenegade subscriber Posts: 0
    Forget the flyer idea. I won`t fly First things you need to do:Join the ASPJoin the OISVJoin the AISIPHang out at JoelOnSoftware forumsYou`ll get in on a lot of good information specifically by and for developers. SoftwareCEO.com is another you can consider, but they`ve got some very steep fees to join. Advertise in targeted places. Google AdWords is one good place. Consider the author control panels at some of the more important download sites like Softpedia, download.com, tucow.com, Softonic.com, etc. You`ll have your perfect audience there. Consider some of the software newsletters as well. On your site, write lots and write specifically. Don`t have pages that are 50 miles long. Break them into short, easily digestible content that readers can get through and that spiders will eat up like candy. (Or flies as the case may be.) Make sure to apply at least some basic SEO tactics. Once you`ve got content on YOUR site, then go for articles elsewhere and looking for off-page optimization. Otherwise you`re just spinning your wheels. e.g. Who wants to link to an empty site???That`s a quick start for your business and online promotion. Trust me on the above. I do this for a living. (OK - I`m out of lurking mode... Partially anyways...
  • Options
    nimietynimiety subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello,
      Just like to let you in on a free system that has all the information that anyone would need to be very successful on the net or anywise ... We are using the same system to market online aswellas offline and it is proving to be a very powerful system to use ... cost you nothing to check it out. goto: http://nimiety.payitforward4profits.com</A>
    "Be Blessed and Continue to Prosper"
  • Options
    DeafCeoDeafCeo subscriber Posts: 3
    Start local and then tri-state area then your time zone and then it spread to coast to coast. 
    Meaning this:
    Newspaper/Radio exposure
    Mobile Billboards on wheels
    Passing out fliers at the clubs if it targeting the 18 to 30 crowd
    or passing out fliers/postcards outside major sport arena
    Free Tshirts with your website`s url and company logo and slogan ... Trust me folks always like free tshirts! lol
    I think people are forgetting the power of magazines` ads. They are still a factor of getting your company`s product or service out. Why not use it to advertiste your website?!?!?
  • Options
    williamwilliam subscriber Posts: 2
    Do you already have the website developed?
  • Options
    AmirAmir subscriber Posts: 0

anyone could give me some advice on getting my new website noticed on the web? I would lis the company name but in fear of being
    give you an idea of what it does.The company is a marketplace which allows users and software
    businesses through the website.One way to describe the company is to say that it is an Ebay
    etc), custom ringtones, custom MySpace tweaks, etc...If anyone has any advice as to how to market and make

I could go on forever on this subject, but it`s easier for both of us to just give you this link.  This internet marketing university will teach you EVERYTHING you need to know.
    -Amir