WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Ignorant Twitter Bias and First Impressions

2»

Comments

• Options
    dougmcisaacdougmcisaac subscriber Posts: 0
    I didn`t "get" Twitter when I signed up last year either. It just seemed like a bunch of people spouting out stuff that I didn`t care about, but once you filter out the noise and listen to people you want to follow it can be a valuable source for information and collaboration.
    I use a free tool called TweetDeck which allows me to filter people into groups and set up a column that follows a conversation either using Hashtags or using Twtter search. It makes it exremely powerful.
    Doug
  • Options
    DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    Once you filter out the noise and listen to people you want to follow it can be a valuable source for information and collaboration.

I agree. I`m still a Twitter newbie, but I`m a quick study and I`ve already figured out a millions ways to use Twitter effectively. My methods are apparently working, because after only a few days, I`ve seen a significant increase in traffic to my blog, and my blog subscriptions and affiliate sales are also up slightly.

In addition, I already have some real Twitter superstars and Internet marketing heavyweights following me. Several with 75,000 followers or more. We`ve communicated, and they`ve offered to help spread the word across Twitterland when I launch my new website.

So far, I`ve found the people on Twitter to be nothing but generous!

David Jackson
    DavidJackson5/2/2009 12:03 PM
  • Options
    DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    Christine, this is truly outstanding advice! In fact, I was so impressed, I`ve decided to start following you on Twitter - provided you follow me back. Keep up the good work!

David Jackson
    DavidJackson5/18/2009 11:02 AM
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Tweetdeck is a good tool to use. You can set it up to show you all tweets that include specific keywords you choose. 

You can set up your tweetdeck to monitor one, two, three or more keywords/phrases.... very handy.

~Roland