WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Internet Scams and the Realm of Gullibility

DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
edited January 2009 in Marketing

Here`s an important article that I think all newbies should read.

Hopefully, it will prevent you from becoming a scam victim.

David Jackson

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your feedback, Craig.

David Jackson
  • Options
    JmesJmes subscriber Posts: 4
    Nice article David,
    1 thing though, I`d kinda refrain from mentioning politics in non-political-related posts. You don`t really know who you might offend or anger by writing about it. Unless, of course, you post about politics or related topics often
    I kinda agree with Craig too, the people who fall for these kind of scams more often than not don`t look for these kind of articles beforehand
    But for those who do, this IS very informative. Gjob
    Jmes
  • Options
    Thanks for your feedback, James.

David Jackson
  • Options
    The people who fall for the scams either are total newbies, or they`re so inexperienced they don`t actually find good articles. So how does anyone help or overcome those problems?

If I can prevent just one person from being victimized by one of these internet scams, my article will have done its job.

That`s always the goal when I write an article - to help at least one person.

Anything after that is a welcome bonus!

David Jackson
  • Options
    patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    Barack Obama proved that quite a few Americans will fall for anything.  See the connection with internet scams?

• Options
    James Lindon, why are you here?

Seriously, why are you here?

I`m here trying to help people, but why are you here?

I haven`t read one post of yours where you offer anything even remotely of value.

All you do is make condescending and sarcastic remarks about other people`s posts.

SuN isn`t a circus, James.

If you want to act like a clown, you should join up with Barnum & Bailey.

Sure, you and I can continue to go at each other like two idiots, but is that really in the best interest of the forum?

I don`t think it is.

There`s obviously a problem between us, so I`ve decided I`m no longer going to engage you.

One of us has to act like an adult. 

David Jackson
    DavidJackson1/16/2009 12:30 PM
  • Options
    patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    I ask myself that question (and others) every day.  I have no problem with David Jackson or anybody else in this forum.  I`m not going at David Jackson or anybody else in this forum.  If not engaging me (whatever that means) makes you an adult, stop engaging me and rock on - please.  If you post articles and ask for comments, you will get comments.  Adapt, dude.