WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

www.iis-fl.com Tampa Bay PI Firm - Need your comments

deniseusfdeniseusf subscriber Posts: 2
edited July 2007 in Website Critique

www.iis-fl.com</A>
I am the president of a private investigations agency located in Tampa Bay area (FL).  My husband and I created this site and know it needs some work.  It is our first, so let me have it!

The goal of the site it provide info on our firm and services and provide our contact info.  We also wanted it to drive traffic to our business when a client performed a yahoo or google search - so far we are non existent in the engines. 
It probably took 8 hours to get the site set up & we had a friend actually produce the site.  I am in no way familiar w/ web design.
I really want to make this site rock & drive traffic to our business.  Any comments you have will be welcome, no matter how painful they may be.
Thanks in advance & I look forward to your reply.

Comments

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Well your site has been indexed by Google...that`s a good thing
    The site does need some SEO attention. Every page has the same title...not good... each page should have a unique title AND description relevant to that page.
    Also the site does not use H1, h2... tags to highlight important keywords/phrases.
    You should also add a site map and google site map.
    The content writing is very dry / boring . I would think one way to write your content is to say how you can solve a person`s problems...what solutions you provide.
    Who is your target market.. is it local to Tampa, FL? Then location may be good to have as part of your page title.  The title you have now is the name of the company and I do not think people will search on those words.
    ~Roland
  • Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Visually, I might make the text just a bit larger so it is easier to read.Your "Current Events" page is more like an "FAQ" page, which is a bit confusing since I expected to see something along the lines of actual events that might be of interest.Personally, I think the main page is more of an "About our Staff" type of thing, where it should maybe be more focused on information pertaining to what you actually do. Sell yourself here.Your meta tags need to be filled in. Unique titles and metas for each page, alt text in your images, titles in your links, H1 and H2 tags, etc.And work on inbound links.
    Webline2007-7-1 11:14:18
  • Options
    deniseusfdeniseusf subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks for the comments so far!  I am going to print out & rework some info.
    Keep the comments coming guys - be brutal!